Monday, September 22, 2008

Appreciation and the Change Within


 

I woke this morning in a state of change. I wanted to move forward in my life, and was in the process of making things happen. I worked through the morning, and set the scene for how I wanted the day to unfold. I set obligations in motion that put pressure on me to succeed. I was working hard, and struggling. Then the twist. I took a walk on this cold rainy day. I walked with voices on my IPO talking about the present. The present. I was outside on a cold rainy day walking slowly when I stopped and realized again what an awe inspiring existence there was around me. The wind was blowing the clouds swiftly across the sky. The fall colours were burning red and glistening yellow. I had already walked by them, and not seen the beauty that was there. I started to appreciate where I was for the first time in weeks. I really stood there and appreciated what was happening around me. It felt good. It felt really good, and it is lingering with me. I still have things to do, some I want to do, others I have to do. From appreciation it all feels lighter, and warmer, and easier.

No comments: